WHITEBOARD – 30 January 2012

1 Set of Max Reps at 80% 1 rep max

*Rest 2 minutes inbetween all sets

Then:

5 Rounds of:
7 Reps Dumbbell Bench Press
5 Goblet Squats
*Use dumbbells close to 50% bodyweight (2 for bench & 1 for Goblet Squat)

Notes: We are in our next cycle.  You will see the reintroduction of barbell movements and the continual progression of the power days on Wednesday.  The barbell work will be in the higher rep range, and will focus on positioning, hypertrophy, and some strength.  With that in mind make sure the squats spotless.  The last thing you want to do when getting back to barbell work is to be sloppy with the form.  Slow down the movements and control them.

For the max set of back squats don’t push reps once form starts to go.

Advertisements
Comments
13 Responses to “WHITEBOARD – 30 January 2012”
  1. Dedik says:

this looks familiar….

2. Brian says:

Awesome programming last cycle. Excited about the new one.

I think he has his forward roll down, pretty well… Do you think?

3. The Champ! says:

back squat
    135×10
    185×5
    205×5
    225×5
    245×1
    265×1
    275×1

wod
    80# db and 55# kb

followed up by some stretching and listening to a bunch of guys talk about the size of Paul’s thighs, could have done without the last part.

• Brennan says:

As a follow up to your Tiquan Underwood mention last week when discussing Rock’s head, I found this picture where he has taken it up a notch for the big game!

• Rock says:

That’s solid. Too bad I’m actually experiencing male pattern baldness and thinning at the young age of 27. I would kill for a flat top right now.

Go Pats

4. Dara says:

Let me openly admit I am math challenged.

If my bodyweight is 130lb (give or take), I’m doing 65# bench, so 30 or 35# DBs?
    Then a 65# DB for the goblet squat

80# x 7 x 1

goblet
    100# x 5 x 5

6. grzm (Michael) says:

1RM 280
    10×170
    5×210 (weighted extra 10 on one side :/)
    5×210
    5×170
    6×225

presses with 55# dumbbells, goblet squats with 95# dumbbell

7. Dedik says:

Stretched while listening to a bunch of guys talk about my thighs. I didn’t mind.

Oly Cycle: Snatch Movement day:

Hang Snatch High Pull Ab. Knee + Hang Snatch Ab. Knee
    (1+1)x3x2: 150
    (1+1)x2x2: 175 really close to failing the last set was was able to eek through it

Sn. Pu. To Below Knee (3 Second Pause) finish pull into hip
    3×4 – 236.5

Back Squat
    4×160
    4×295
    4×295
    4×295

Those snatch pulls were brutal.

8. Brian says:

10 x 95
    5 x 110
    5 x 115
    5 x 95
    6 x 125

WOD 25# DB and 65# goblet
    thats 5# up from last week’s floor press. tried for 30# but the scars weren’t ready for it

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] Look at January 30th for the last time you did these squats with a max set. Acknowledge your previous max set when […]