WHITEBOARD – 31 January 2011

Workload:

Back Squat

• 3-3-3-1-1-1

Rest 5-10 Minute then:

5 Rounds of:

• 10 Kipping Pull-ups
  • 5 Plank Walks (1 walk = From wood panelling to wall with punching bags) *Sub for Plank Walks is a 60s Plank Hold with 5 Bear Walks right after

Notes: Click on the link above to see an example of the Plank Walk from the GymnasticWOD.com.  During the walk try to keep the hips and shoulders aligned, just like a great static plank position.  Also, try not to sway the hips too much when moving.  There are sliders in the back closet (original furniture sliders) that everyone can use for the workout.

If you can not perform the walk without losing the tightness of your plank then scale it down to the static plank holds and bear walks.

For everyone that come out Friday, let me say a big thank you!

To inspire:

Comments
13 Responses to “WHITEBOARD – 31 January 2011”
  1. 440# push press x 3. nice.

2. David says:

Doing the plank walk on the treadmill could be fun too!

3. Kevin Olds says:

Due to the lower back pain from Wednesdays Kettlebells lasting well into Saturday I am going to focus on _just_ mobility for a week and see where that leaves me. Sometimes you’ve gotta move backward to move forward.

4. Brian says:

Good luck with those sliders! I couldn’t get them to work for me so I dragged my feet across the floor. Were we supposed to go backwards? I only went in one direction. That’s what you get for 6am on a Monday! have fun at lunch.

5. Dedik says:

I wont be able to make it at 1. Prolly be over closer to 3…that is about the earliest i can get away from my desk today

6. LT says:

225×3
    250×3
    270×3
    302×1 (PR)
    307×1 (PR)
    312×1 (PR)

I wanted to keep going but didn’t want to tempt fate. Kid Dynamite was spotting me, so I think the awesomeness emanating from him helped.

WOD:

13:59 …I’m debating on whether or not I did something wrong looking at the other times. I did 10 pullups and one up and one back of plank walks…

12. Shawn says:

Back after 2 weeks on the sick list! Took it easy today.

135×3